5th Annual Hollywood Family Health & Resource Fair – July 20
The Hollywood Family Health & Resource Fair is an opportunity to meet with representatives from the State, County, City governments in addition to various nonprofit organizations and learn about valuable programs and services for your family.
For a fifth year in a row, Assemblymember Richard Bloom is partnering with local officials, local neighborhood councils, and nonprofit organizations to bring you this FREE event with activities for the whole family to enjoy:
- FREE Blood Pressure Screenings & other Family Health Education activities provided by Cedars-Sinai COACH for Kids Mobile Clinic
- FREE Children's Dental Checkups provided by Dr. Jonathan Engle, DDS
- FREE Physical Fitness Fun Activities for the Kids
- FREE Simulated Dive as a Marine Biologist in the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County's An Ocean Experience Mobile Museum
- FREE Karate/Self-Defense Classes for Kids sponsored by GIFT Global Initiative
- FREE Pink’s Hot Dogs, a Hollywood landmark since 1939, sponsored by Central Hollywood Neighborhood Council
- FREE Backpacks & School Supplies to prepare students for the upcoming school year**
We look forward to meeting each of you and hearing any thoughts or concerns you have on issues facing our state and local community.
Saturday, July 20, 2019
10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Yucca Community Center
6671 Yucca Street
(On Yucca Street between Cherokee Ave & Las Palmas Ave)
Los Angeles, CA 90028
If you would like information on how to donate back packs and school supplies to be distributed at this event, please contact Aditi Shakkarwar at (310) 450-0041.
Special THANK YOU to our event co-sponsors! This event could not happen without the support of our amazing event sponsors.
City of Los Angeles Department of Recreation & Parks
Central Hollywood Neighborhood Council
GIFT Global Initiative
Office of State Senator Ben Allen
Office of Los Angeles County Supervisor Sheila Kuehl
Office of Los Angeles City Councilmember Mitch O’Farrell
Office of Los Angeles City Councilmember David Ryu
Community members of the 50th Assembly District who have generously donated backpacks and school supplies for the event.
**Due to the limited supply, families who RSVP in advance of the event will be given priority to backpacks and other free giveaways