Please join us for light snacks, beverages and friendly discussions on the issues affecting our state and our local community at our 5th Annual Canned Food Drive & Community Reception.
We have again teamed up with Westside Food Bank and Jewish Family Services (JFS) SOVA Community Food & Resource Program for our annual food drive, both of these organizations serve residents throughout the 50th Assembly District.
We hope you will consider bringing a donation of any canned/packaged, non-perishable foods with you to the event for our food drive, but donations are not required. You can also drop canned and packaged items off at our office anytime before the event.
Monday, December 11, 2017
5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
District Office of Assemblymember Richard Bloom
2800 28th Street, Suite 105
Santa Monica, CA 90405
Our parking lot is free of charge after 5pm. ($3 flat rate before 5pm)
The following canned and packaged food items are always needed and make great donations to the canned food drive: (no glass please, except for baby food.)
Please make sure that all food donated has not been opened if it is not individually wrapped, and that the inner packaging is still intact. Please, no expired food.
- Tuna, Vegetables, and Soup
- Fruits and Fruit Juices
- Pork & Beans
- Stews & Other Meats
- Pasta, Lentils, Pinto and other beans.
- Macaroni & Cheese & Packaged Dinners
- Instant Soups
- Hot and Cold Cereals
- Peanut Butter & other Nut Butters
- Nutritional Bars: protein, granola, energy or breakfast bars
- Infant formula
- Jar foods – all flavors and stages
- Crackers, teething biscuits, and cookies
- Raisins & fruit snacks
- Juices: jars, cans, pouches and boxes
- Infant and children cereals
Other Non-Food Items for Consideration:
- Socks (New or clean gently-used socks only. Any size.
- Blankets are always needed.(Clean new or gently used blankets only please)
Personal Care Items (travel size)
- Shampoo (travel size)
- Conditioner (travel size)
- Soap (travel size)
- Bath & Shower Gel (travel size)
- Toothpaste & Toothbrush (travel size)
- Towels (clean, gently used or new)
- Disposable Baby Diapers
Paper Products & Supplies:
- Plastic forks, spoons and knives
- Paper plates and cups
- Paper towels, napkins
- Small packages of condiments such as ketchup, mustard, salt, sugar, pepper
For more information or to schedule a time to drop off food donations, please contact Melissa Kaufler at (310) 450-0041